Wednesday 30 May 2012

I love it when a plan comes together

I thought I'd write another update, because I've had a bit of a brainwave about how I'm going to set things out.

When I first planned this book, my intention was to write a bit about each programmer, and then a full page about each of their games and a page of screenshots for each game.  But then I determined that I'd need a book consisting of over 1,000 pages.  That's a bit unrealistic.

So I've had a bit of a think, and come up with something that I think could be pretty good.

Instead, I'm going to reserve full-page write-ups as "specials"... probably for the programmer's best game.  Or maybe for my favourite of their games, and a special write-up for their own favourite, maybe with their thoughts on the game and why it's particularly pleasing to them.

That should chop the book down to a manageable size, while still having enough meat and also enough variety to keep things interesting.  I like this direction, but given that I've already written a full page about a possibly "minor" game, it's not set in stone.  It does make sense, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment