Saturday 14 July 2012

Day 48 - an Ocean of gaming goodness

Not much to this post (sorry!), but I would like to draw your attention to a new Ocean website set up by one of their former employees, Mark R. Jones.


Ocean was a massive name in the games industry in the period I'm writing about, and naturally I'd like to speak to a fair number of their ex-employees (and indeed, have already done so!).  Mark was one of the graphic artists, creating loading screens, title screens and in-game graphics for a fair number of Spectrum games, and more besides.  As such, he's well qualified to run such a website.  Not only that, he has access to some amazing resources from the day, which he's now sharing with the world!


MEDIIIIIIC!
One of the latest features to go up on the site looks at the development of the Ocean classic, Platoon.  It features design notes and storyboards, and is a fascinating insight into the development of a game.  Having loved the Commodore 64 version of the game, I can say that I feel the end product surpassed the vision!


You can find the new site here: Ocean Software Ltd.  It's well worth saving in your favourites, as there are likely to be regular updates.  I can't wait to see them!  There's also a Facebook page you can "Like": Facebook/Ocean Software Ltd.  Check it out, and like my page while you're there!

No comments:

Post a Comment